Cause: Showing different version of pages to Googlebot and the Visitor.
Cloaking means showing different pages to search engines spider and showing other different pages to the users. Google strongly penalizes these types of practices; because it provides users with different results than they expected.
Use the webmaster tools “Fetch as Google” to check how the search engine Google bot fetches the content of the website and how the visitors view the same page. It will help us to recover from the issue of cloaking.
- To identify whether a page is being cloaked can be done by using Google Webmasters “Fetch as Google”
- Compare the fetched content with the content seen by the visitor.
- If both the content is different then try to discover and remove the page that is serving different content.
- Check for URLs on your site that redirect users to some other page than they expected. If you found any of the pages in your website redirecting the user, then identify and remove the page that generates these redirects.
- Finally, write the reconsideration request to Google with the documented work that explains your effort in removing the cloaked content and links.